People often ask us what kind of things we need at His House and for our families.
Here is a brief list of tangible needs our families often find themselves in need of:
- Paper products such as paper towels, toilet tissue, tall kitchen trash bags
- We have a moms moving into apartments from time to time in need of furnishings
- Each new family receives their own new pillow & bedding set along with towels
- Laundry & Dishwasher Soap
- Support for Extra Curricular Activities for school age kids to cover fees and costs associated with sports, etc.
If you would like to purchase or donate any of the above items for the benefit of the families currently residing in our home, please use our contact page to communicate your desire.
We need volunteers. We have needs for our families:
- Sometimes simple transportation to the grocery store
- Friendship, mentoring and listening partner opportunities
- Job opportunities for our mom's to help them expand their resources
- Sharing/teaching talents with our families
- Day Care for thier littles when they have opportunities for learning or employment
- Are you interested in possibly sharing a room in your house with one of our mom's? Our efforts are focused to help prevent homelessness and strengthen families to prevent the need for foster care by walking with mom's struggling through adversity. We may not have an empty room at our home available right now. If you want to help and would consider using your extra room as a 'waiting room' until we do, please contact us for more information!
- Please contact us for more information about volunteer opportunities. We will be hosting a Volunteer Information meeting Saturday, November 16th from 10am to 11:30 at IKE Box located at 299 Cottage St. NE in Salem. Join us to learn more.
Finally, our ministry is dependent on people who pray, who give of their time and talents and financial support. Our families pay a shared house expense monthly to cover the cost of the house based on the size and space their family needs. The organization covers the cost shortages of our resource home from the generous gifts and donations of our supporters. There are no paid staff and 100% of all gifts given go directly to the support of our ministry to families in our community. Your partnership and financial support can allow us to continue to operate our transition home, cover shortages from project costs and help make [having a safe, secure, home] a reality for our families. If you would like more information about partnering with us in any of these ways, please reach out and let us know.
If you feel led to support or enhance the lives of our families, please use our contact page to let us know. We have many ways that you can partner with us.
Relationships are so important to our ministry to reach families in need in our community. We are honored to join together with you to meet this need of providing safe, stable housing to women and children. Thank you for your partnership!